Senior Business Analyst – Clonakilty
Job location: Dublin
Job sector: Information Technology
Works autonomously and acts as a senior providing professional advice, managing and/or co-ordinating an area within Business Analysis. Leads technical areas within Business Analysis projects using available frameworks and tools and establishing project plans with on-time and on-budget project goals.
Client location – Clonakilty, Co. Cork
• Leads multiple phases of technical areas within the project.
• Applies standards and methodologies. Provides expertise and support on use of methods and tools. Able to synthesise large amounts of information and identify logical business applications.
• Develops service models and prototypes and creates and implements customer feedback mechanisms.
• Responsible for needs analysis, task planning, process/data analysis and modelling and/or logical database design with relational databases.
• Identifies and assesses risks to the success of the project. Agrees the project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracking activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
• Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, identifying potential benefits and available options for consideration.
• Sets up project files, compiles and distributes reports. Provides guidance on procedures, processes, tools and techniques.
• Maps full business processes and implements solutions for technological and process improvements within the context of overall business processes.
• Ensure compliance with all organisational, legal and regulatory requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
• Additional course or certification in Business Analysis
• Has achieved trusted advisor status at a senior level with the client
• Excellent client-facing skills, takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed
• Has an innovative approach, develops new approaches to improve or replace existing procedures or systems
• Excellent communication skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives
• Very good understanding of the various technologies
• Knowledge of IT-compliance (SOX) and operational excellence models
• Intermediate theoretical knowledge in business analysis methodologies and has awareness of new and emerging technologies and developments
• Strong understanding of the business analysis lifecycle, including requirements elicitation, structured analysis, stakeholder management and user case definition
• Proven ability in assuring project meets quality standards by providing guidance and developing procedures relating to product quality.
• Knowledge of systems flows, engineering documentation, tools and architecture concepts required
• Experience of using recommended project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking
• Is skilled at co-ordinating the information gathering and reporting process, reviewing trends and comparing to expectations