Senior Technical Manager
Job location: Dublin
Why join us
We are a talent incubator. The time you spend at Expleo will turbo-charge your career, allowing you to work on complex technical challenges, enjoy opportunities to expand your skills and take part in inspiring, multi-disciplinary collaborations with your colleagues. Whether working on autonomous vehicles, green planes, the factories of tomorrow or cutting-edge banking technology, you will have the opportunity to become a bolder version of yourself. Let’s change the game together.
Expleo Group offers access to end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We have sector-specific expertise and best practice across consultancy and business agility, product design, production and in-service support, as well as continuous quality.
Our 15,000 people bring the right balance of boldness and reliability that businesses need to succeed.
Expleo Ireland launched in 2005 as SQS, with 20 consultants in Quality Assurance. Today we stand 500 strong in Dublin, and our main services include Quality Assurance, Testing, Business Analysis, Project Management, Quality Engineering, Agile Enablement, Change Management and Digital Transformation. We have grown very quickly in Dublin, constantly evolving our service offering to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Expleo are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Technical Manager to join our exciting team in Dublin. You will lead a team of technical resources in the field of automation & DevOps and deliver automation and DevOps strategies, plans, process improvements and initiatives. You will manage the team in planning, designing, developing frameworks and procedures relating to quality whilst meeting on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Direct and manage the full project-life cycle, setting standards for assignments and applications.
- Manage teams of technical resources, across multiple projects, domains and technologies.
- Allocate and co-ordinate automation test schedules, work and resource plans; managing progress of all activities against the plan, managing own deliverables and that of others to meet delivery deadline.
- Responsible for the delivery of the defined work packages to the client.
- Ensure that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off.
- Develop professional relationships with business stakeholders to understand requirements and explain capabilities.
- Consult with key business stakeholders to ensure application design is optimised for testability.
- Use project planning tools and participate in the planning for future resource needs.
- Create quality engineering procedures, processes and standards to ensure a reusable process and tools approach.
- Define and implement quality process improvements and metrics focused on defect prevention.
- Input in proof of concept exercises and assists sales with pre-sales automation and DevOps collateral.
- Identify opportunities to expand client assignments.
- Defining, owning and delivering automation/Dev-ops test strategies, plans, process improvements and initiatives.
- Deliver in capability assessment/audits, benchmarking, reporting and evaluation.
- Review and predict any potential areas of deficit/risks and takes preventative action.
- Advise on the practicality of process alternatives direct improvements.
• Relevant third level qualification
- Excellent client-facing skills.
- People management skills - introducing and building ways in which people can learn from each other, encouraging mentoring and the transfer of knowledge by designing and delivering learning interventions.
- Team work and emotional intelligence.
- Good self-management – continuous performance is both an objective and a mind-set.
- Has an innovative approach – a bold thinker and doer, matching creativity with vigilance.
- High value on openness and transparency.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 7+ years of experience demonstrating technical leadership in an Automation/solutions architecture/Technical Manager role.
- Experience in managing teams of technical resources, across multiple projects, domains and technologies.
- Strong experience in test automation, building frameworks from scratch, experience in some or all of the following areas – automation of GUI, API, Database. Experience of Selenium frameworks, UFT or similar tool set.
- Strong technical, hands-on, experience to support application development, infrastructure/OS, and operations that leverage such technologies as Java, .NET, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible.
- Understanding of High Availability, other technologies, and principles that support business continuity
- Familiar with SCM such as GIT, VSTS, SVN.
Strong familiarity with Micro-Service architectures and best practices for running in a container orchestration environment.
- Possible experience in both RDBMS and NoSQL.
- Good scripting experience in one or more of; C#, ANT, Python, Bash. Automation scripts such as PowerShell.
- Solid experience with cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS or MS AzureSoftware development experience using agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of performance testing is advantageous.
- Strong technical experience with open source technologies and infrastructure environments.
- Workflow management using JIRA / VSTS for backlog and issue management.
• Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and ours peers through good times and set backs.
• We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects .
• Expleo Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses.
• Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
• Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.