Senior Technical Engineer- Automation
Job location: Dublin
Category: Information Technology
This position requires a self-motivated professional to work within an expanding Automation team providing cutting-edge automation solutions to clients. Bespoke solutions are delivered using a wide range of commercial and open-source tools. The candidate will need to work collaboratively with our customers to scope, plan, implement and refine automation solutions specific to requirements.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of Automation tools and frameworks. The position will also involve the management and mentoring of junior resources.
Senior Automation Engineers will be empowered to actively contribute to the wider Automation Service assisting with research and development activities to ensure that SQS remain at the fore-front in delivering automation to our clients.
- Prototyping, designing, planning, implementing and maintaining automation test frameworks using commercial or open-source tools. This includes;
- Working with key stakeholders to identify and design automation solutions.
- Generating reliable effort estimates for tasks.
- Creating automation solution design based on “best-practice”.
- Building automation test cases based on functional test assets.
- Working collaboratively with other teams during test preparation and execution activities.
- Investigating and debug application defects.
- Producing clear and concise reports during the lifecycle of an automation project.
- Identifying opportunities for further test automation or efficiencies through automation.
- Communicating Automation Benefits to clients including detailed cost benefit analysis.
- Advise customer on automation approaches and benefits.
- Manage resources against pre-determined plans.
- Mentor automation resources and contribute to wider automation team through the creation of re-usable assets (e.g. case studies / whitepapers).
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage own Automation deliverables
- Participate in training, including self-conducted learning, to keep skills up-to-date.
- Work unsupervised on proof of concept exercises. This will include the creation of pre-sales collateral documenting return on investment / benefits analysis.
- You should have at least 3 years’ experience of automation testing across a number of projects and technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of Automation tools and frameworks.
- Must be proficient in industry leading automation test tools (e.g. QTP/UFT, Selenium, Coded UI, TestComplete, BDD tooling (Cucumber / jBehave)).
- Must be proficient at writing complex code in some of the following languages: Java, C#, MS VBScript
- Understanding of CI, Dependency Management and Source Control tools.
- Understanding of test management tools/solutions/integrations (e.g. JIRA, ALM/QC, MS TM)
- Ability to interact with other teams to derive information required for projects
- Ability to highlight and escalate risks related to assigned work
- Have a proactive, can do attitude with a proven track record of implementing automated solutions